Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Good Reads


         One of my favourite gifts to give and to get are books- I still really like to read physical books- these days they almost feel like a bit of a luxury- as is the time to sit and read. When I go on holiday I always pack a new book in the off chance that I can curl up somewhere for a few hours while someone like a Grandparent entertains my children- a rare moment for Mum. I thought I would share some of my current favourite reads- with a bit of a creative slant-  good either for you or that artist on your shopping list!

Handmade Nation- The Rise of DIY, Art,Craft and Design- a look at the rise of contemporary craft as a relevant art form. This is an interesting read filled with beautiful examples of what makers across America are making from Olympia Washington to Providence Rhode Island- this one is going in my carry on for sure! By Faythe Levine and Cortney Heimerl

Collage- Contemporary Artists Hunt and Gather, Cut and Paste, Mash Up and Transform- the follow up compendium to the Jealous Curator's best selling book Creative Block. Showcasing contemporary art from around the world this is once again a wonderful book to have one hand for inspiration and direction. By Danielle Krysa

Water Color Painting By Contemporary Artists- this book takes a look at the revival of a more traditional medium in a completely contemporary way. Featuring looks at watercolour artists methods and work- from journaling to more fashion forward work. Again this is a really beautiful book- perfect to curl up with a seek out some inspiration. By Sujean Rim


1 comment:

  1. Carryon? Going on a jet plane?! Another xmas adventure to visit the mouse? - ttm

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment- I love hearing from you!